Re: To Duncan, re. probiotics and flexxion products

In a message dated 12/4/98 6:53:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, wendyl@jps.net
writes:

<< In MY opinion, the world needs less armchair critics. Why not at least
 examine a product so you can give a well-informed opinion?

The problem, Wendy, is that your post came across more as a blatent
advertisement, with all the standard Gee Whiz attached. It was like reading
the kind of ad that isn't allowed by the FDA in print.

While there is nothing wrong with personal experiences, the plural of
"anecdote" is not "data" (I stole that one).

This group is full of skeptics--believe me, I know--and any new product idea,
or proclamation, has to be tossed around a little gingerly here. You can take
courage in knowing that the skeptic is always the very last to know the truth.
On the other hand, you may find Duncan worth listening to--I too, found humor
in your post.

ti