From: navion <navion@lightspeed.net>
To: Ridecamp@endurance.net <Ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Friday, December 04, 1998 8:12 PM
Subject: Re: Randy's outlook for LD miles

With LD miles now having their own awards and with Randy's forecast that LD miles will someday be lumped with what is now considered endurance miles I offer the following thought.
   For 50's to 150's you only have one set of regional awards. Because the odds of completeing a one day 100 are less you get 50% bonus points for that distance. So to save AERC and recognize all distances (gasp even a 1 mile ride ?) as endurance you could have only one set of awards but with less points per mile for the shorter distances. This would be no more unfair than the current situation for endurance riders face when choosing a 100 over a 50. I haven't heard anybody complaing about that difference. No complaints that 100 riders get more points. So if the future Randy predicts comes to pass then I say we are all equal, one set of awards and point penalties for the shorter rides with their higher finishing percentages. (less pulls)

Jim Mitchell