What the heck Are "Probiotics"?

Hello to all the Ridecampers who have been asking me for
info. about probiotics:  I am not a qualified nutritionist or
expert in the scientific world, and I would still refer you
all to the experts, like Susan Garlinghouse, for  information
based on professional experience, however, I found what
is a pretty good description of what Probiotics are and
thought I would paraphrase the article:

"Probiotics are living beneficial micro-organisms which ensure
the most beneficial populations in the microflora throughout
the digestive tract.  Unlike antibiotics which can destroy
large numbers of naturally beneficial bacteria while controlling
potentially harmful strains, active probiotics maintain and
enhance the populations and aid colonization of the gut
with the correct microflora."

I hope this helps, and I look forward to hearing from you
all after you try our sample Anidophilus.  Take care.
                                       Linda (AVP)