on the subject of refrigeration....

So an old refridgerator or freezer (as in one which is not plugged in)
which is sitting in the tack room doing nothing at the moment, at
the barn where my horse is staying, would keep things from
freezing? It can and does get to around -35 or -40 Celsius in the
middle of winter.
It would avoid me having to lug medecines, supplements and stuff
around all winter. When I have just left them in the feed room, they
have definitely frozen and I worry about how this affects them, so I
keep them at home, measure out the quantity i will need there and
carry it down to the barn. A little inconvenient at times, but works.
 Obviously most, if not all, of us don't have temperature controlled
rooms, heck the barn is as cold as outside when there are no
horses in it to give off body heat (minus the wind chill of course!),
but I don't mind hearing and *learning* about the effects
temperature has or does not have on products and I'll do what I can
to keep the stuff I do use in as good condition as it can be for as
long as possible since I can't afford to see my money wasted on
something I should have kept hotter or colder, or in the house
rather than the barn, etc...
Lysane and Buck