Re: Can horses pick their ration?

In a message dated 12/3/98 8:38:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cree_l@LSA.Lan.McGill.CA writes:

<< So am I to
 assume that he was getting all that he needed from the grass and
 some grain, or is it just the supplement that didn't suit his tastes?
 Lysane and Buck (AS IF I'm going to eat that powdery stuff!! Yuch!)  >>

This is a cse of "don't fix what ain't broke". Sounds like your horse is being
fed properly--without a vit/min supplement. This may change if the horse gets
into heavy work in hot weather. To prepare for this, I'd sprinkle some of the
stuff in his water--see if you can get him used to the taste.

ti