25 -> 30 -> 50 -> ...

Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:

> ...I was pleased to complete 3 loops of my first 50, which was 37
> miles, which was more than the 25 we'd done before...

That's what I really liked about doing a 30 instead of
a 25 - it was just that bit closer to 50 - enough to tip
me over. If it had only been 25, maybe I would have been
a bit more reticent. But 30, hey, that's nearly 50, isn't
it?

So saying, the terrain the ride is held on *really* seems
to make the crux difference. 50 miles of flat was no worse
than 30 miles of up and down. However, had it been 50 miles
of up and down... mmmm, that would have made a difference.

So I went back to doing more hill work.

--
Lucy Chaplin Trumbull - elsie@calweb.com
Repotted english person in Sacramento, CA

with Mouse and Provo