rust help [ sweety@nni.com ]

Having had some experiance restoring an old car, there is a paint that you
can buy called "Miricle Paint".  The claim is that it bonds with the rust
and prevents any further oxidation.  I have seen it advertised in Hemmings
Motor News and is available from several suppliers of auto restoration
stuff.  I think that it would work well on the under side of the trailer but
on the top it can be painted over.  Again this a rust preventative paint, it
can be applied with a brush.
I word of warning however, I would never  paint over rust!  Rust is like
cancer, if there is some left it will come back, I am not sure what part of
the country you live in but even here in sunny Calif. I would not ignore the
rust, especially in the undercarriage.  I have used sandblasting of metal
parts, it is not that expensive, especially if you consider the time it
would take you to scrape or sand it all off.  Do your self a favor, remove
the rust as best you can and then paint it with a rust preventative, you
will get a lot more use out of the trailer this way.
Tony Corbelletta