Re: tripping

Thanks for the response.  We consult that website all the time but are still not sure we
understand the 4 point trim... there are no photos or illustrations.  We are finding in this
area that many of the farriers have literally chopped off the heels... a lot of the horses
are lame as a result... we don't know why this is so prevalent and the previous farriers
have never explained their reasoning to the owners for doing this... that is why we were
curious if it was a trend or attempt at the 4 point trim.  I am truly talking NO heel on
some of these horses, not just bringing it back.  Some of the angles have been so low, the
horses are walking on the bulbs of their heels... my husband has been doing this since "75
and this fall has gone back into it fulltime (he has been trucking for the last few years
and it really screwed up his circulatory health!) and has never seen this trend to no
heels.  We are curious about the 4 point and are both attending the Bluegrass symposium in
February to get "up" on things... I think they are having a lecture or demo on this trim...
I am curious though, what people's experiences have been with it.  Our concern has been that
although this may be a "natural" trim for a horse in the wild, the fact that we ride and
work our horses for various reasons in ways that they would never experience in the wild,
how useful and practical is it for the performance horse?  Just a point that we are trying
to get a focus on...  we appreciate your thoughts and suggestions and I will probably keep
track of these posts to report our findings to our clients in our newsletter.  Thanks again!

Maggie
P.S.  I will also contact Karen if I ever get done wading through mails and replies, etc.
That'll teach me to be gone for a day!  BTW, do you ride endurance with these 4 point trims?