trng for sand when there isn't

Before I had the opportunity to do a ride in sand, I did lots of training
in SNOW.  (We have lots of that in Vermont.)  Quite by accident, I
discovered that working my horse in non-packed "powder" seems to work the
same muscles everyone else strained in early spring riding in the sand.
 Maybe you can trailer to the snow-if you can't find sand..........

Best wishes,
Vickie  (deer season is ALMOST over......  I'll keep the bells and
Christmas carols 'cause I'm really enjoying them!)