Egg bars

I know Nancy Loving recommends egg-bar shoes for extra support but what
about putting egg bars on the hind feet? My mare is a little sickle
hocked and one of her hocks has been positive on a flexion test and I
would like to give her more support in the hind legs. She is not
underrun in the rear hoofs, just normal.

I see egg bars on hind feet on hunters. My farrier is not too keen on
the idea of egg bars on rear feet on endurance horses but she says she
is open to ideas.

What do you all think?

Lauren