New to Sport

I am new to endurance riding (only 2 races to date) and am needing some assistance with feeding and electrolytes. I understand some riders use "race feed" during the races and am interested in what this is comprised of (types of food and measurements). Also, what is the amount of electrolyte or enduroltye powder to mix with applesause?

Are there any riders located in the (Northwest) Houston area?

Thanks!

Leanne