Re: Mares vs. Geldings

In a message dated 11/21/98 6:02:52 PM EST, Fadaar@aol.com writes:

<<  My horse once triped at an
 extended trot and went down to his knees on both front legs.  I let him have
 his head and just rode with it and he recovered himself just fine. >>

If this only happened once, you're doing good! I do agree that you should give
them their head, I have had horses trip and fall to their knees many times,
because I hold my reins very lightly, the horse was able to get it's head down
for balance and I have never fell off while tripping. I have had them trip
while running and this has worked. Of course I also hang on like a monkey, I
never "give it up" and just allow myself to fall.
Leigh