mares vs geldings(long)

Hi all,
Just my 2 cents worth.
I compete on our stallions for endurance and find them incredible to ride,stamina to die for and hearts of gold.My stallions know what they are there for and dont even bother looking at mares when at a endurance ride,they know they are there to work  and by doing well at this they seem to realise the better they do the more mares will be sent there way .My young children also ride my stallions.

My favourite endurance horse is a mare Shanni,she is now 17 years old and is a great endurance horse,quirks and all.She shies on every single last leg of a endurance ride,shies at her own pooh in trainning.I trust her completely 100%She has completed an amazing amount of mileage, numerous BCs and normally placed in the top ten.Is completely trust worthy on our Safari rides(only spooks if I am riding her)

Then I have another mare who I refuse to ride she only likes men.I have fallen on my head once to often on this daft mare,she is great to handle ,has a shy on her that some called the best sidestep in the country.She also bucks like a bronco with a woman on her back,put a male on her back and she is as docile as a lamb.She is now a broodmare, but even her offspring dont like females to much.

Geldings,will be competing on two lovely geldings a 5 year old and Lightfoot a 8 year old,both homebred horses,who I adore completely.The younger one goes on Safaris with us with no problems at all ,this is a great trainning for a young horse,bomb proofs them completely.Lovely to ride and trust worthy.He has the makings of a great endurance horse,still has a long way to go.
The other gelding Lightfoot is HOT,goes at 32 kilometres an hour at endurance rides,he is brilliant like his sire before him,small 14,2 hands,moves like lightning.Great low pulses.But I can only ride this one at a slow canter ,fast canter or a gallop.His action at a trot is to high and he wastes alot of energy trotting.

So what can I say,I will ride any horse no definate prefrences,but stallions are my favourites ,have been spoilt with my mare and my geldings,mares are and can be full of it,then again so can stallions and my younger gelding is convinced he is a stallion.
A long 2 cents worth me thinks.
Regards
Kathy in South Africa
*who has a extremely full endurance season ahead of her ,four wonderfull horses to ride ,but Shanni I will now put back into foal I think,and only use her on Safaris.*
psss these are all Appaloosas of course except the younger gelding who is half Arab half Appaloosa.
http://www.bigfoot.com/~arikaras