mares & geldings

Hi,
        I've ridden both mares & geldings.  Mostly geldings.
I've seen lots of people have major problems w/mares in heat,  being
nervous, etc. but I have been very very fortunate.  I love my mare.  She has
a good head, not  crazy or cranky, loves to go, and has never (so far) given
me ANY heat-related problems.  Have ridden on several rides w/stallions and
w/her in heat!!!  But, I think that is just an individual thing for her...
        Seeing some of the things I've seen mares do and experience in the
last few months at rides, I may reconsider if I have to give her up and get a
gelding, because sometimes, through no fault of their own, hormonal problems
do seem to take hold and cause problems such as pulses not coming down, etc.???
        Just my experiences thus far.  Can't wait to read all the posts.....
 ,
/,`\
 _(      ) \    Charlene Bartholomae
 \-\~~~_|\  \     Department of Pathology
 `  \ `   \  `       Tulane Regional Primate Research Center
                               18703  Three Rivers Road.
    `     `            Covington, Louisiana  70433
                          e-mail: charle@tpc.tulane.edu    (504)892-2040 Ext 243
                          home phone (504)748-4377     ccrydr@i-55.com