Helmets

The Other Side:

I personally have never had, yet, a problem on a horse that I would have
wished that I had a helmet. In over 20 years of riding hard, in tough
competition, and in a variety of horse sports, I cannot recall one
incident that a helmet would have been worth it.

No, I take that back. At Bobbi Racine's in Colorado there was that one
run-a-way that would have smashed my head if I hadn't of baled off. But
that wouldn't of been worth a life time of wearing helmets.

The closest calls I have had have been getting into a car or truck and
knocking my head on the door sill, or stumbling on something while
carrying something precious, thus bonking my head because I was not
willing to drop those items.

Maybe I should listen to my dad and wear a helmet at all times, except
in bed. No, there have been those few incidents in bed that a helmet
would have been usefull too.

Such is the helmet conundrum. Just don't tell me that I HAVE to.

STeve