Brazil Clinic Day VI

Hi,  Sharon Saare here....Day six of the Brazilian endurance clinic.  After
a couple of days of talking about
saddle fitting and the consequences of back conformation...it was time to
take a serious look at the
horses.    We had a good ride yesterday...and a  preliminary look at backs
led me to believe I only needed
to  have brought about 4 trees with me.  Sure enough, as Darolyn and I
fitted these horses...we were
seeing all  A's, B,s C,s and SSS.    Some really above average horses in
this bunch...that would lead me to believe they will in time,  make their
mark anywhere they  go.    Just an observation  from 30 years of World
traveling and  looking at horses, (of course) everywhere...climate sure
seems to influence conformation.

Horses I've seen in tropical and semi tropical countries, as a general rule,
tend toward  a more narrow type.
My guess is it is a mechanism to keep cool....and, of course, for endurance
horses, it sure works to their
advantage.  Its not by accident that many of the top endurance horses on the
scene today are a B body
type. ...and of course the other three sizes are in that narrow catagory.

Today, we also fitted a couple of 3 day horses...and they also were fairly
narrow on the spine line.  One
lovely gelding was an Anglo Arab owned by our Host, Aluisio Marins.  A very
special horse in my book.

At the Farm we visited yesterday the Anglo Arab was the predominent
cross...and quite a successful one.
All of those horses were high front end horses...no downhill backs in this
bunch.  Joy.  Joy.

After the fittings, Darolyn concluded the  Clinic with a  Super Video called
"Symmetry in Motion" with Doris Halstead & Carrie Cameron.  This was the
last video Darolyn/aka Horseman Video Showcase produced, and perhaps, (to me
at least... one of the most valuable.)   It deals with freeing up  muscle
and bone...both
for horses and people.  As one who has  had an old car accident back injury
to put up with for 16 years,
I could really relate to the benefits of "jarring loose:".   I would
strongly recommend this tape for anyone
in the same boat!!

Our Brazilian Clinic Attendees were most appreciative of the enlightenment
us two ol'campaigners could
impart.  You know, we all started this sport at Zero...and I can only think
back to the good people who helped us along the way....now perhaps it is our
turn to do the same.  They are truly hungry for Endurance education and make
wonderful students.

Now..... schools out, two race days coming up.... to the Pizzeria tonite!!!!
(Oh... if your interested in video, contact Darolyn at
darolyn@swbell.net or phone 1 800 228 8768
Sharon's is 303 678 5968.  We'll be back in the USA Nov. 24th.
Sharon & Darolyn