Re: Protective Boots

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998 12:59:44 EST, NdurN@aol.com wrote:

>Think about it .....you lose points for interference etc. and the person who
>uses protective boots doesn't.   Actually I have seen this only once and it
>was for the rides special BC trophy not the AERC BC.

OTOH, the purpose of BC has always included encouraging the best care for the
horse, by recognizing and  rewarding it.  If a person who knows his horse is
prone to interfere uses boots effectively, that is good care of the horse.  IMO
rules that discourage good horse care, or encourage unnecessarily exposing the
horse to injury, are innapropriate for endurance.

--

Joe Long
jlong@mti.net