Re: Protective Boots

In a message dated 11/18/98 3:28:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, awolfe@etsc.net
writes:

<<  It is my understanding (ie, my sister told me) that
 while protective boots are allowed on endurance rides, if you choose to
 put them on your horse, you cannot stand him for best condition. >>

I have never heard of this in endurance competition, but NATRC does not allow
protective boots or pads during competitive trail rides.  At least that was
the rule the last time I heard.  I can't believe endurance rides prohibit
boot-protected horses from standing for BC.  I think your sister must be
confusing this rule with some other competition.

BMc