HELMETS

Over many years of riding in many disciplines, SO FAR my head has never
broken my fall.  Even so, I never put my foot in the stirrup without my
helmet ON, ADJUSTED, and FASTENED SNUGLY, and I don't undo it until I'm
back down.  I don't figure my luck can hold out for ever, and I'd rather
look like a toad stool than be underground growing them.  I have no
question that that's the option.  Even expressive aphasia beats a
wheelchair, right?

Don't be afraid to scold anyone who unfastens their helmet before they
get off.  It's nags like us who get others on the bandwagon.

-Abby Bloxsom
-Connecticut