Re: New To Endurance

Wes, I've been doing endurance about 6 yrs on a budget. I have tried several
things and ended up with a Boz endurance saddle, while I really do love it and
ride everything in it, I accually recomend the Big Horn Endurance Saddle for
newbies. This is a lower priced saddle that is very comfortable, affordable,
good fit on many horses, and durable. I think it is the best saddle for the
money out there. Here,; you can get one for about 450.00, my Boz was 1200.
several yrs ago. Also, get biothane halter/bridle combo with the Biothane
breast collar. Running Bear sells them and she is on ridecamp often. I also
really like Neoprene girths. Get a couple of water bottle holders, a natural
sea sponge fitted for endurance (again, from Running Bear) and go for it. In
my opinion, these items have served me well over the years and it would have
saved me tons of money had I just asked before buying.
Leigh Preddy SE