Lump on chest

Hi everyone,

I have a yearling colt that has large lump
on his chest. that is getting bigger in size.
It is soft and movable and I was wondering
if there would be any problem with sticking
a needle in the lump to see what kind of fluid
that is  in there.

It is not round but a snake like lump with a
ball on the end, that comes up from his
belly.

Right now we have icy roads and I would
hate to try and trailer him the 40 miles on
icy roads to the vet. Does any one have
any idea what would be causing this or
if it is all that serious. He seems to be in
good health otherwise. He is eating and
drinking good and it does not seem to
be bothering him.

Lynette Helgeson
In ND our 1 to 3 in. of snow ended up being
12 inches with ice underneath. And they are
predicting more rain and snow this weekend.
I guess we just got winter. It was -7 below this
morning, but it is suppose to warm up to 40 this
weekend, which just means more ice.