Back from safari WE HAD SNOW

Hi to all,
Have just got back from another Safari,it was great fun all round and very tiring for me not the horses who are now officially in trainning for our first endurance ride in January,cant wait now that I am back in the saddle and getting myself as fit as possible as well.
Would you believe it ,it snowed here in November our so called hot,humid summers.really weird we could not believe our eyes,did not even take horse blankets as it was hot the day before.
Our clients from Ireland could not believe there eyes.
My poor horses did not know what hit them,no stables on safari either.Good preparation for next year in winter I guess!!!!!!
Then it warmed up with icy winds,not to pleasant to ride in but great for the horses.At least now the weather is back to normal,hot,hot,hot,sweltering heat in fact.Sheer bliss for  me.
The horses really enjoyed themselves,we did a Photo shoot as well,which worked out beautifully,horses,Rhino and Girraffe all in the same footage,
Tuckahoe my Arab/Appaloosa cross did not even bat a eyelid at all these creatures,last time he wanted to chase the Rhino,this time he was a dream to ride.Some of the horses hate Girraffe they seem to think its the trees moving,Tuckahoe just posed beautifully for the camera,not fussed at all by any of the goings on.
Did some really fast trainning rides,no gates to worry about,just endless soft tracks and gravel roads and wonderfull mountains.Think I should go and live there forever :-).

Perfect trainning rides and plenty to see if one want to take time out and just commune with nature.Am planning a 100 miler trainning ride from home over the Amatola Mountains to Hogsback,then onto the Katberg mountains to Mporfu Game Reserve then over the rest of the Katberg mountain to Tsolwana Game Reserve and then get collected by the horseboxes.Should do me and my horses the world of good,excellant training.Cant wait,have to plan it carefully and will do this early next year or in December.

enough from me have to go and attend to all my horses and still do a trainning ride here at home on the farm(ranch)
Bye for now
Kathy *recovering from Safari adventures and hectic trainning rides*