Re: FIRST SHOT AT 100

I know I'm in heaven now...
Tried my first hundred at Long Leaf this past weekend. I was riding my horse
Majik (for those of you who don't know us I'm the 23 year old blonde from
Chattanooga, Tn that everyone thinks is a junior rider and my horse is the big
black bay arab in which everyone ask's me what type of horse he is).
Anyway, we gave our first hundred a good shot with the help of Angie McGhee.
We were unable to finish due to some type of lameness problems (dad gum it). I
must say that Majik took it all in stride. I'm darn proud of my horse. He was
still going strong when I decided to pull him. I think it might have been a
stone bruise. Tried to get an opinion from the vet. She said "my guess is that
it is either in his hoof or in his leg, better have your vet check it out on
Monday." What a smart gal. Think I'll just pull the critter's shoes for 6
weeks and try another hundred in the spring.
The ride at Long Leaf was a first hundred milers dream (except for the fact
that there were no markers at the turns...... no sweat though, I was riding
with Angie McGhee).
I highly recommend to anyone out there who has never tried a 100 and wants to
that they need to talk Angie into pacing them. She is fun to ride with and
doesn' t carry a whip or anything crazy like that. I still have dibbs on her
in the spring though so don't get ideas just yet. Thanks again Angie and
Caboot!!! Majik and I really had a fun time K.Walker