Re: President's message

In a message dated 11/9/98 8:17:14 PM Pacific Standard Time, Merryben@aol.com
writes:

<< << 1 paragraph in Randy Eilands column against the issue. >>
 I'm sorry I did not make this clear sooner.  I also voted against the 0-49
 rule.

 Maryben Stover
 West Region Director >>

Randy makes a very good point - that it is probably unwise to make this issue
a by-law.  Having it a by-law makes it so much harder to change if it does not
solve the problem we are trying to correct.  Personally, I don't like the idea
of considering anything under 50 miles an LD ride.  This is an issue fraught
with problems.  I'm voting against a change and prefer to keep LD as it is
currently defined.

BMc