mud eating

The first day I brought Taffy home I put her in the turnout to let her
wonder around and look things over.  She walked over to one of the
corners, dropped her head and came up with a huge mouthful of the adobe
clay we have around here (L.A.).  I was on a mission from day one to get
her to stop eating the clay.  A salt block (minerals included) was
totally ignored.  Source did nothing.  Then I bought some Kelpmate (same
thing as Source only not as expensive) and started shaving the
mineral/salt right into her grain.  Voila !  Mud eating stopped.  The
only time it reappears is when I forget to reorder the Kelpmate and/or
mineral block before I run out.  The two used together was the only thing
that would stop it.

Now if only I could find a magical cure for cribbing.

Tori