Re: Sore Foot Dilemma

In a message dated 11/8/98 10:39:18 PM EST, coopgl@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< As far as the hoof going soft and such
 I've never experienced this with the horses I used easyboots with.  Good luck

Question for you....on the horses that you used easyboots, did they go
barefoot between rides? Out in the pastures, etc, did they go barefoot?  If
they did go barefoot, that would explain why they did not "go soft".  I've
only had tons of experience with easy boots on one horse. He was barefoot all
the time, even during conditioning. He wore easy boots whenever the terrain
warranted it. He never had stone bruises or anything like that. I know that I
am not alone feeling that horses should go barefoot for a few months per year.
Once you try this, you'll find a better foot next spring, usually (some horses
take several years to repair).
Thanks Leigh