new ride needs ride manager help

The Mounted Assistance Unit associated with the Lake Oroville State Recreation Area is planning to put on an endurance ride next spring. As long as we keep the trail on SRA property, we are covered by their insurance, but in order to get the mileage we need for a 50, we will have to use private property and need to get liability insurance to satisfy the land owners. We need to know where to go to get the least expensive source. I have always heard that first-time rides are the most vulnerable for losing money, and we are actually hoping to make some money to go toward trail development. I know a lot of ride managers belong to ridecamp, and I'd love to hear from all of you.

If you have any other tips about ways to cut corners without cutting down on the enjoyment of the participants, we'd appreciate hearing them too. To my knowledge there has never been a ride near Lake Oroville, and we feel it would draw a lot of Northern California riders. We would really appreciate your help in getting this project going.

Dorothy Foster & Kathy Papa
Oroville, CA