Re: Who is smoking what

At a recent saddle-fitting clinic we learned how to "shim",
using washcloths,  towels,  pad sections and whatever to
get uniform pressure on the horse's back.

This an invaluable technique,  as the horse changes at
various times a year,  different stages of conditioning,
and even varies from one side to the other.

John and Meshack  (VT)

Please, I am not too bright so how is it that you Know how that these
fancy shims actually are the right shape for the saddle? What does
gavity have to do with all this? ....what shape these the shims to shim
to the unmounted horse....or the mounthed horse? How squishhhny is the
shim? Is a thicker shim more squisiiiiiiiiy than the thinnner shim? What
does this mean to the horse....... Relative to the weight of the rider?
What is going on here? Who is kidding whom? Is there any real data here?
Does anyone have the data that they are willing to go into court with?
or......are we just hussling people. DAH I do not know what is
happening, .....can someone straighten me out?