Bad feet and Biotin

I don't know if this has been discussed before.  A horse belonging to
one of my boarders has terrible feet.  He has a quarter crack on the off
front, crumbly feet without much area to hold a horse shoe nail.  This
horse is a TW and she only does light pleasure rides (horse is 2 1/2
years old).  She is wondering about feeding the horse Biotin for a year
or two.  Has anyone has this problem and has Biotin helped?

I compared this horse's feet to one of my Arab's feet, and there is a
world of difference between them.

Thanks for any info.

Amber