Re: Horse Height & Bone

 Gee Susan,
      Please stand down a bit.
      My post to you concerned "front legs" only.  Certainly I realize the
importance of other factors, as you stated in your post (which I noted the
first time I read your post).
      I just feel it is important to understand that the structural integrity
of the leg, and it connective tissue (tendons/ligaments) is vital to the
endurance potential of horses.  I have seen too many folks "focus" on size of
the front cannons and not worry enough about what is under those significant
cannons.
      One person remarked to me, "Look at the size of her cannon bones".  I
did.  They were substantial.  But truthfully, the mare was pigeon toed and
that, COUPLED with the center of her knees pointing outside the medial line,
all I could see was tendonitis down the trail due to her twisted cannons.
(Her "meatiness" was obvious to me.)
      And please don't feel the need to throw a bunch of statistics at me.
They fascinate me, but as you can probably tell, I am easily confused.
BTW, I prefer large cannons on my horses and am always surprised when I see a
horse with what I consider a small CBC (but dry, iron-like and clean
tendons/sheath) go on and on and on...
      Best regards,
       Frank.