Horses as legal pets in the city?

I live in Tennessee so Prop. 6 doesn't affect me nor have I read it, but just
supposing it DOES want to classify horses as pets instead of livestock, then a
bunch of city ordinances would have to be changed.

Most cities have ordinances against keeping livestock within city limits.  If
horses are legally classified as "pets" then what's to legally keep them OUT
of people's backyards in the cities?

Just a curious thought.
Ellen