Easyboot shock absorption

From: PattyJ.
Email: JBCO@JPS.NET

Does anyone know how much shock absorption Easyboots provide?  I have been riding with Easyboots because the trails I ride on are made up of hard packed dirt. I have been out of endurance riding for 5 years now but miss it so much that recently I started conditioning my horse for limited distance.  My former training partner had a horse that developed horizontal cracks on his hooves.  She had X-rays taken and was horrified to find out his coffin bones were splintered!  The vet said it was from riding on hard ground.  My farrier says trotting on hard ground can cause laminitis.  I wonder if any tests or experiments have been done to determine how well Easyboots cushion.

Patty  JBCO@JPS.NET