traffic tickets

I just wanted everyone to know that a letter sent to the appropriate
people might get results.   My husband was cited for slowng up traffic
and failing to pull over on our trip to Mariposa/Yosemite last August.(
I was back-seat driving at the time!)    He's paid his fine and spent
his day in traffic school  to atone for the error of his ways .   At the
same time,  I sent a description of  what occurred to the Highway Patrol
office and the regional office and the court system.  A formal
investigation is goiing on with the minimum result that my letter is in
officer agressive 's file for at least 5 years..  This incident occurred
on highway 49 between Oakhurst and Mariposa...an area where many of us
pull trailers.  My point in posting to ridecamp is to encourage us not
to become targets and just accept it. Road courtesy is important and we
are quick to pull over when we think it is safe for our cumbersome rig
and the horses....but......  In convrsing with the court clerk it became
apparent that our incident is not isolated.  Please take the time to
communicate any problems with the CHP office so they know of recurring
issues.  We were reaised to respect law enforcement officers and want to
be able to do so.  thanks .  jan freed