Re: Too Tall Horse

The long leaf several springs ago it was down right cold for my thin FL
blood.  It was about 10:00 PM and I was at about 95 miles.  The ends of
my toes were very cold and the only way I say to get warm was get off
and jog with the horse.  Misty was so easy to ride that at any gait I
didn't need to do much work.

So off I got.  I walked and jogged for a couple of miles and warmed up
and decided to get back on. Well with my tired stiff body and her 16-2
carcass and no pickup truck in sight there was no way not how I was
going to get my now warm foot up to the stirrup.  I looked around for a
log, rock anything.  I ended up walking in the remainder of the way.

This led to the discovery of Truman's law: Tall horses grow taller after
the 75 mile point in an endurance ride.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt