Re: Horse Trailer Expanded Living Quarters

In a message dated 98-10-25 23:51:45 EST, carlmey@citrus.infi.net writes:

<<  In addition, we had them cut a door into the horse box area from the
    gooseneck quarters so that access COULD be had to enlarge the living
    area...I call it my apartment... >>

We have an access door between the living quarters and the horse area in our
gooseneck, too, and I love it.  Neither of us sleep back there, but have, on
occasion, put up a cot there for others.  Also like to put the porta potty
back there once we get to the ride, as well as any other "stuff" we brought
along in the living quarters that clutters up the space there.  Also works
great for using the solar shower--I just leave the mats bare after
sweeping/cleaning for that very reason.  And yes, it really enlarges your
"living space" to have the extra "room."  We also use it for the ride office
at most of the rides we put on.  Sure missed it at the LWT multi-day, though,
when the "horse quarters" in the trailer became the space for the water tank,
extra hay, and transporting folks' crew bags and "stuff" to the vet checks...
Had to give hubby credit though for designing a water delivery system with the
tank up on pallets and the delivery hose out the escape door--worked slick for
adapting a truck bed tank into something that worked out of a gooseneck, since
the two were incompatable otherwise...

Heidi