thanks -- my 2 1/2 year old

I wanted to thank everyone for the fabulous input on my 2 1/2 year old Arab
filly (the one who kept bombing around and doing sliding stops in the
paddock!).  With the help of your advice and our vet, we came up with a lot
of solutions.

First off, I guess it was primarily my over-reaction and seeing those bumps
and such.  I am so accustomed to being around SHOW horses, or older
endurance/competitive trail horses that i had forgotten that a true DOING
horses gets lumps and bumps and bruises.

As for the turnout situation,  the barn manager has been MORE than willing
to work with me on this.  she has assured me that Sable wil be able to get
out most of the day, rotating her in with the other mares that are going
in/coming out, since Sable gets along with everyone. I am also going to
start ponying her more off my other mare.

Since we started this last Friday, we have had nothing but fabulous
progress -- no more swelling or anything amiss.

so... I think we are back on the right track.  It's been so long since I've
brought along a "young 'un" that I had forgotten how darn accident prone
they can be during play.

Thanks again!

Mary H. Moore
Northern New York