RE: Beet pulp problems?

> Has anyone encountered problems when adding beet pulp to a
> standard diet of 10% sweet feed (about 2-3 lbs/day) for a
> youngster (3 yr old)?  I added beet pulp about 2 weeks ago (1-1
> lb coffee can soaked, not much) and have since noticed some
> undesirable behavior changes.  Very aggressive about food,
> bullying behavior in pasture.  Any relationship?

I have been feeding our 3 1/2 year old and 2 1/2 year old beet pulp, twice a
day, with their grain and supplements.  They also get all the hay they want.
I have been doing this for the year and 1/2 that I have owned them.  I don't
know how they acted before I got them but I do not think beet pulp has
caused them to be aggressive.  My horses were just pigs anyway  :) Really,
both horses love all food, including beet pulp and the fact is that soaked
beet pulp, with as much water as it will hold, gives them a much bigger
meal, thus giving them more to chew on.
Marilyn, Khal, and Scout in San Angelo, TX