Scratches

Has anyone heard of scratches being on the nose?  My mare has developed a
slight swirl of what looks like scratches.  It's hard and doesn't rub off.
She's got a star, strip and a snip on her face all white, the rest is a dark
bay and has had bouts of scratches on her white legs (3).  It has been a
little wetter than normal which would encourage the scratches but I have
never heard of them on the nose.  Anyone care to comment?  Thanks.
Janet Baca
Karis Shemar (my Mom tries to put stuff on my nose and I don't like it)
E.M. Darrcafa (Well I don't have a plastic nose anymore, my muzzle is
FINALLY off!)