more 2 way radio

So what is the story, If you all cannot agree on this then who is left to make
the interpretation of the laws.  How do I know I will not get pulled from a
ride if I have a radio, even though it really does not indicate that I cannot
use one?  And if prompting is the problem, How much prompting can be does with
radio that only has a 1-2 mile radius?
Kelly
PS Can anyone get an FCC license and how do you go about getting it.  And what
is the cost?