Re[2]: Northwest Endurance Rides

     Heidi,

     I have contacted the AERC board. They were unsympathetic because they
     have changed no law, and have taken nothing away from the ride
     managers. What it comes down to (and anybody correct me if I'm wrong
     but this is what I got from the Doyle Patrick) is that the board
     upheld the protest because area ride managers can't get together and
     ban a horse from every ride in a region, regardless of their good
     intentions, and the fact that they did it with the help of a board
     member, or director at large, I can't remember which one. Regardless,
     it's still called blacklisting. The rule still stands that each ride
     is a separate event, and an individual ride manager CAN still ban a
     horse and/or rider from their ride for cause. So any ride manager that
     has witnessed unsafe behavior from a horse and/or rider at their ride
     last year, still has the right to ask that horse and/or rider not to
     return, OR to allow it to compete but disqualify it for bad behavior
     should it arise.

     I completely support our ride managers and their wish to put on safe
     rides. The sad part, is that they still can, but perhaps they don't
     realize it, or are just too worried about the liability. I can't blame
     them. But that still doesn't alter the fact that the majority of rides
     in my area are gone.  And yes, I'm working on putting on a ride next
     year, so please, no comments about how I should get out there and do
     it myself. I am.

     Linda-Cathrine
     Northwest Region
     Cascade Ridge Runners