Re: Periodic Opthalmia

It sounds like he did have some vision loss since you sent him away. I also
have a horse diagnosed  with moon blindness. It is assumed to be an auto amune
disease. I have done many things to control the episodes of eye flare up.  I
had my horse tested for allergys and found her to be allergic to many things.
I then did a series of allergy shots developed by the lab that did the
testing. As the shots got stronger I started have eye flareups with each shot
so I stopped them. I was at that time half way through the last bottle. I went
back to prevetative treatment that I had developed over time. Optimune and
asprin daily. I did that for a few months and then took her off everything
last february.  She had not had a bad attack since. I do watch her eye daily
and will treat at the first sign of any redness in the eye. She also wears a
guardian fly mask out daily no matter what the condition outside is. Either
write or call Mary Nelson 18 Lake DR. Mendham NJ 07945, 201 543 4788. She had
developed a Networkof owners of horses who had this disease. for 25.00 you can
joinand get a lot of information she has collected It is worth the money.
Kathy Gaddis
Aurora, Ohio