Check it Out!
[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index] [Subject Index]

Re: web site for travel requirements for horses

In a message dated 98-10-05 22:30:26 EDT, writes:

<< I looked at the requirements for going to Oregon and it said "Permit
 required" -- what permit are they talking about? >>

It means that the vet issuing the health certificate has to call the Oregon
Dept of Ag and get a permit number from them.  Lots of states do this, and the
requirements change from time to time, so we are constantly calling other
states to check and see if they need permit numbers, too.  We have to call the
Oregon Dept of Ag, too, for horses going out of state and coming home again to
get permit numbers.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)

    Check it Out!    

Home Events Groups Rider Directory Market RideCamp Stuff

Back to TOC