ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: half chaps

Re: half chaps

Linda S. Flemmer (bluwolf@earthlink.net)
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 00:58:16 -0500

MS LOUISE D BURTON wrote:
> Just curious...half chaps seems to be a Western thing, as I never see
> anyone wearing them here in the Central Region. Never see full saddle
> covers either. Maybe I just don't notice? What about the rest of the regions??

I don't see too many full seat covers here in the NE, but 1/2 chaps are
seen frequently. I don't know too many (read ANY) folks who make the
full seat covers here in the east - that may be part of why they're so
scarce.

I'm using Majewski slip on pads for the biothane stirrup leathers (HATE
these leathers!) on my OF Express Lite (love the saddle). They are
heavenly!!! I can only imagine what a full seat cover would feel like!

Linda Flemmer
Blue Wolf Ranch
Bruceton Mills, WV
Sitting under 2 feet of snow, with more still falling.