ridecamp@endurance.net: Michigan Rescue HAPPENED

Michigan Rescue HAPPENED

Jo Harper (mjo@navix.net)
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 12:10:34 -0600

Dear Horse Caring Folks:

A happy update! The need to house, feed and care for these horses will
continue until the legal dust settles and the horses can finally someday be
placed. Any help you can give this group in maintaining these horses
through that time will be *much appreciated.

Horses' Haven: http://www.ismi.net/horseshaven/

Now for the *good news ~
```````````````````````````````````
From: "Sally Averill" <sallya@ismi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 09:15:18 -0500

Hi Jo,

Good news! The rescue took place yesterday, and the horses are safe in
their new, temporary home. There were actually 58 horses, including 10
pregnant mares. Some of the poor beasts are so disfigured it breaks your
heart. The owners are behind bars charged with felony animal abuse. The
Humane Society was also involved in the investigation and the rescue effort.

We still need assistance for the maintenance of the animals as outlined on
the wish list on our web page. There is also information there, on how to
contact us.

We did have some donations come out of the web efforts, but I can see how
folks would be cautious. Jerry has a good idea about the account. I'll pass
it along. Most ideas folks are offering have already been considered, but
it doesn't hurt to ask!

About confidence--The newsletter is what hooked me. Then I went to the barn
to see the horses and see how far they've come under HH's care. I like what
I hear from the members--they are very down to earth, and are not in it for
any glory. The only way I can think of to inspire confidence in Horses'
Haven is for people to send in for a sample newsletter, or the lowest
membership level of $15. and get a 4 newsletters for the year. Then they
can start getting to know us.

Sally ~

Jo Harper & Guy
mjo@navix.net -- ICQ # 3596210