ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: free filly --reply (long)

RE: free filly --reply (long)

Chris Paus (paus@micoks.net)
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 06:17:42 -0600

Thank you Linda. I think this was the point my son was trying to make. I
also think sometimes we have personality conflicts with some horses.The
Appy that almost killed me liked only guys. He would buck and misbehave
aroudn women. Teh rodeo guy I sold him too made a riding horse out of Chief
and liked him.

The horse I ride now was easy to handle on the ground, but scared riders to
death. He is so quick and has a lot of tricks. The stable where I bought
him celebrated when I drove away with him. My trainer and I determined that
Star likes only women, gets upset with whips and spurs, and feels trapped
with tie-downs and curb chains. I ride him with an eggbutt snaffle, use
voice commands and leg aids to move him and he is a dream to ride. It took
us a few months to settle him down, but he is a very willing learner.

I agree that this filly needs some round pen work with a trainer who has
seen it all and the alpha mare would probably help too. I hope somebody
takes her. I'm not in a position to right now.

chris