ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: horse + Free Filly

Re: horse + Free Filly

Zebella (zebella@idt.net)
Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:53:10 -0700

Kathy Myers wrote:
> As for the filly, there is no horse on this planet worth injury to a
> person. Period.
> Trish is doing the right thing. Trying to avoid having a perminately
> disabled person on her concious. Trying to save her health for her own
> life and her own horses. If the filly is put down to avoid that one
> accident it's none too soon.

Amen!!! I've seen way too many folks I know hurt because they were
determined that *they* were the ones that could turn a psycho horse
around. In my experience people usually waayyyyy overestimate their own
abilities.

As far as the person who was looking to use her as a breeding
mare.......as a dog breeder myself, let me tell you one thing...
TEMPERMENT BREEDS THROUGH! If the filly had a basically nice stable
temperment, maybe she'd be worth a shot, but that's not how it's
sounding. I think most endurance riders would want a level-headed
critter. Think long and hard before you produce another (possibly)
unusable animal.

My father who was a horse dealer for many years, always had one thing to
say...."there are too many nice horses to waste your time on the bad
ones, get rid of them."

Nuff said.

tracy