15 Mile "Rookie" Ride Completion: Lacey Street (Jr.) & Spats
30 Mile Limited Distance Ride:
1st - Patty Blackett & Aliyahs Naji - Best Condition
2nd - Nancy Day & Tugg
3rd - Lisa Ashbach & Flames Lucky Break
4th - Robin Blankenship & BB Early Edition
50 Mile Endurance Ride:
1st - Bob Steller & Kadet Ku - Best Condition - Winning Time: 4.5 hours
2nd - Bridget Shaw & Impulsively (2,000 career miles for Bridget!)
3rd - Corinne Steller & Hasty Flyer+
4th - Cindy Soloway & HP Bezarae
5th - Linda Fisher & Mi Legasy
6th - Rebecca Fine & Empromptu
7th - Diane Authier & Khazin Trouble
Best Resolution: Hold a mid-summer's moonlight endurance ride!
Thanks to Dr. Ute Jung for her great veterinary services, Nancy Day &
Boxelder Trails for hosting the ride, Vetline Equine for their generous
sponsorship, the wonderful riders & horses, the super volunteers, and
Mother Nature for the great weather!
1997 ENDURANCE CALENDAR
* December 20: 3RD ANNUAL RESOLUTION RIDE 25/50 & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride
(Boxelder Trails, Wellington, CO)
1998 ENDURANCE CALENDAR
* April 11: PAWNEE GRASSLANDS I 25/50/75/100 Elevator & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride
* June 20: BEAVER MEADOWS 25/50/75/100 Elevator & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride
(Red Feather Lakes, CO)
* August 3-7: 2ND ANNUAL ROCKY MOUNTAIN RIDE 55/55/55/55/30-55
(Monday-Friday; Arlington, Centennial and Mountain Home, Wyoming &
Gould, Red Feather Lakes, and Stove Prairie, Colorado - Each day
is a seperate
event, and rig drivers are available - Pre-Registration deadline
is July 1st)
* September 5-6: HORSETHIEF PASS 30-50/30-50 & 15 mile ROOKIE Ride (Walden,
CO) * The thief has removed the pass! *
* October 17: PAWNEE GRASSLANDS II 30/50/75/100 Elevator & 15 mile ROOKIE
Ride (Briggsdale, CO)
* November-December: Winter rides to be announced.
Also, look for in 1998:
* COLORADO RIDE & TIE 10 & 20
2 humans & 1 horse teams running & riding!
* THE GREAT COLORADO WHACKY RELAY!
1-3 humans (Single, Due & Trio Divisions), 1 horse & 1 bike = 5-7.5
mile run + 15 mile
horseback ride + 20 mile mountain bike ride!
* COMPETITIVE TRAIL RIDES?!
***All Pre-Registration deadlines are ten days (postmarked) before the
ride unless otherwise noted.
***PLEASE, IF YOU DON'T RIDE THE RIDE, VOLUNTEER!***
"There is no better way to see the world than from the back of a horse."
- Teddy Roosevelt
Mail: 1600 West Plum Street #28-H, Fort Collins, Colorado 80521