ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: my .02 on easyboots

Re: my .02 on easyboots

Chris Paus (paus@micoks.net)
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 22:47:50 -0600

Karen,

I never thought of that possibility, but it is one to consider. I found
easy boots so hard to get off, that I would be amazed a horse could buck
his way out of them. I just figured maybe I didn't get the one on well enough.

But that horse bucked nearly every time I rode him for the 3 months I had
him. It took him that long to unload me, and when he did, he made quite a
statement! I tried riding him two more times and he finally reared up adn
went over on me. That's when I called the rodeo company. Maybe he would be
a good horse for somebody, but he wasn't for me! One trip to the ER was
enough for me. In 40 years of horse riding, he was the first one I've ever
given up on!

But it has worked out because Star, though he is the energizer bunny of
horses, has not got a mean bone in him. Star would have gone to the killers
if I hadn't bought him cheap -- and he's turned out to be a wonderful
horse. He just needed the right "mom", a place to live where he felt
secure, and the right job for his talent and energy.

With your thoughts in hand, I will try the easy boots with Star.

chris paus & star