ridecamp@endurance.net: ctr

ctr

Chris Paus (paus@micoks.net)
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:51:48 -0600

Not all CTRs are NATRC. In our organization, (Kansas), we have quite a few
ex-NATRCs who were also displeased with the show-like standards.

Our local group has CTRs adn endurance rides. The CTRs are judged by the
horse's condition andthe time in which you finish. You have a set amount of
time to complete the course -- too fast or too slow results in loss ofp
oints. You are not judged onhow yuou mount or dism9ount, how you cross
creeks, etc. Just do the course at the pace set by the ride management and
bring your horse in in good condition.

There must be other groups around the country who do similar things, so you
dont' have to do NATRC to get the CTR experience.

chris paus & star