ridecamp@endurance.net: RE: TENS

RE: TENS

Suzanne J. Griffin (FIT-TO-RUB@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:57:21 -0800

Tom...I would understand that it would be a longer healing process in
equines considering their constant weight bearing and lack of
immobilization of the injured area. Even more proof to go SLOW and EASY!
Susie

-----Original Message-----
From: Tivers [SMTP:Tivers@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, December 12, 1997 9:03 AM
To: FIT-TO-RUB@WORLDNET.ATT.NET; step@fsr.com
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: Re: TENS

In a message dated 97-12-12 10:31:26 EST, FIT-TO-RUB@worldnet.att.net
writes:

<< highly agree with Stephanie! One physical therapist has said that it
takes AT LEAST 6 months for 'the healing process' to end in human soft
tissue
injuries. We are so often blinded by the assumption that everything is
back
to normal because pain is not present. Not true! This only means that
rehab
can begin to PROGRESS from the level of injury recovery not from the
competition level.
susie

Actually, studies on healing equine tendons have suggested that the process
is
typically not complete a year after injury and can still be repairing at 16
months.

ti